Yogurt is made from tarts of milk. This healthy snack is available worldwide but they’re very common in countries that produce large amounts of milk or dairy products. Yogurt is a popular and healthy snack for people of all ages. The thick texture and its tangy taste is what people love about it. And tahini would be good to pair with yogurt, you can try Tahini Yogurt Dressing Recipe.
Choosing bacterium for your yogurt depends in what kind of weather the place has. For countries who has cold weather almost throughout the year, mesophilic bacteria is used for yogurt’s preservative. While in tropical countries like Eastern-Asia, it’s ideal to use thermophilic as a preservative.
Tahini Yogurt Dressing Recipe
Below is a tahini-yogurt dressing I would like to share to you. This dressing is for your fattoush dish. Fattoush is popular Lebanese salad recipe which has tomatoes, lettuce, and cucumbers are mixed together in yogurt dressing with tahini sauce. You can top it with your favourite cheese or pita chips. Or you can also choose between grilled lamb meat, grilled beef, or chicken.
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers (halved)
- ¼ feta cheese (crumbled)
- ½ tsp oregano (dry)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup yogurt (plain)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 4 cups lettuce (torn)
- ½ cup pita chips (broken or crumbled)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- In a bowl, whisk together oregano, lemon juice, pepper, yogurt, tahini, and cumin. On the other hand, mashed with mortar and pestle both garlic and salt. Your garlic paste is done, mix them in the yogurt mixture and whisk until well-blended.
- Put the dressing inside an air-tight container or jar, and leave it in the fridge for at least a day .
- Put in the bowl lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber and toss in the dressing. Make sure your veggies are fully covered with your tahini yogurt dressing. Before serving, topped it with your favourite meat or pita chips and cheese.
Choosing bacterium for your yogurt depends in what kind of weather the place has. For countries who has cold weather almost throughout the year, mesophilic bacteria is used for yogurt’s preservative. While in tropical countries like Eastern-Asia, it’s ideal to use thermophilic as a preservative. And in modern time, people are still developing different ways to make a delicious yogurt to serve for you and your family.
In making a yogurt, you have to heat the milk first at 85 degrees Celsius. This is done to change the protein component in an animal’s milk to prevent curds from occurring. Once done, milk is cooled down until it reaches at exactly 45 degrees Celsius temperature, time to add the bacterial culture in the milk right away. This 45 degree Celsius temperature should be maintained for about four (4) to twelve (12) hours while the culture is mixed with milk to allow fermentation process. Then you will have soft, thick textured milk, tangy in flavour yogurt snack for you!
Who said that yogurt can’t become an extraordinary yogurt snack for your kids? Level up your stick of yogurt in your fridge right away!