Today, our unique Tahini and honey toasts recipe will give you more than just ordinary breakfast or dessert. It is an easy and energy-packed superfood. It also comes with immune boosting and cardiovascular protective abilities.
Tahini and Honey Toasts Recipe Ingredients
- One slice of toasted bread, which can use whole grain or gluten-free bread.
- One tablespoon of tahini, or to preference.
- One to two tablespoons of honey, or to preference.
- Two to three tablespoons of pomegranate seeds (optional).
- Smear the toasted bread with tahini, but make sure not to put it too much. No one would want their favorite meal getting messy.
- Drizzle the honey to taste.
- Top it with pomegranate seeds and you are good to go.
What is Tahini?
Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds that are usually known as Ardeh. The seeds are extremely handy and commonly used for cooking sweet and savory dishes. Furthermore, it’s packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
According to Dr. Axe, Tahni contains a high amount of healthy fats and amino acids. It is a great way to obtain B vitamins like thiamine, along with minerals, including magnesium, copper, phosphorus, manganese, iron, and zinc.
A study published on NCBI claimed that sesame seeds help boost absorption of protective fat compounds like tocopherol.
It is the important nutrients in vitamin E that act the role of preventing human aging-related diseases, such as heart disease, bone disease, and even cancer.
Cooney RV, leading author of the study, said that when tested the effects of seeds consumption in humans over a five-day period. The research resulted in massively elevating serum gamma-tocopherol levels by an average of 19.1 percent in subjects.
The fact that seeds led to increased plasma gamma-tocopherol and enhanced vitamin E activity, it simply means that it could be useful for preventing inflammation, stress, and stopping further chronic disease development.